Top local apps in Poland for tourists
- Jakdojadę: An app that provides information on public transportation options in Poland, such as buses, trains, and trams.
- CityGo: A ride-hailing app that is available in major cities in Poland, such as Warsaw, Kraków, and Poznań.
- Traficar: A car-sharing app that is available in major cities in Poland.
- Booking.com: A popular online booking platform for hotels and other vacation rentals in Poland. It has a wide selection of properties to choose from, including budget-friendly hostels and luxurious resorts.
- Airbnb: A peer-to-peer rental platform that allows you to rent rooms or entire apartments from local residents in Poland. It is a good option for travelers looking for a more authentic Polish experience.
Food and Drink
- Pyszne.pl: A food delivery app that allows you to order food from your favorite restaurants in Poland.
- Glovo: Another popular food delivery app in Poland.
- Zomato: An app that provides information on restaurants and their menus in Poland. It also includes reviews from other users.
Communication and Utilities
- Google Translate: A translation app that can translate over 100 languages, including Polish. It is a must-have for any traveler to Poland.
- BLIK: A mobile payment system that is widely used in Poland. It allows you to make payments at stores, restaurants, and other businesses using your smartphone.
- mPay: Another popular mobile payment system in Poland.
- Visit Poland: The official website of the Polish Tourist Organisation. It includes information on attractions, accommodation, and other travel-related resources in Poland.
- Lonely Planet Poland: A travel guide book that provides information on attractions, accommodation, and food in Poland.
- Outdoorsy: A platform for booking outdoor activities, such as hiking and biking tours, in Poland.
Entertainment & Shopping
- Going.pl: An app that provides information on upcoming events in Poland, such as concerts, plays, and sporting events.
- Galeria Mokotów: A shopping mall in Warsaw that offers a variety of high-end stores.
- Manufaktura: A shopping mall in Łódź that is housed in a former factory complex.
Payments & Shopping
- VISA and Mastercard are the most widely accepted credit cards in Poland.
- American Express is less widely accepted, but it is accepted at most major hotels and resorts.
- Polish złoty (PLN): The official currency of Poland.
- Gohub is a travel eSIM service compan providing internet/data connection for travellers around the world.
- Orange: The leading telecommunications provider in Poland.
- T-Mobile: Another popular telecommunications provider in Poland.