Top local apps in Nigeria for tourists
- Bolt: A ride-hailing app that is available in Lagos and other major cities in Nigeria.
- Oride: Another popular ride-hailing app in Nigeria.
- Gokada: A motorcycle ride-hailing app that is available in Lagos.
- Booking.com: A popular online booking platform for hotels and other vacation rentals in Nigeria. It has a wide selection of properties to choose from, including budget-friendly guesthouses and luxurious resorts.
- Airbnb: A peer-to-peer rental platform that allows you to rent rooms or entire apartments from local residents in Nigeria. It is a good option for travelers looking for a more authentic Nigerian experience.
Food and Drink
- Jumia Food: A food delivery app that allows you to order food from your favorite restaurants in Nigeria.
- Food.ng: Another popular food delivery app in Nigeria.
- OgaNla Grill: An app for the popular Nigerian restaurant chain OgaNla Grill. It allows you to order food online and pick it up at the restaurant.
Communication and Utilities
- Google Translate: A translation app that can translate over 100 languages, including Hausa, Yoruba, and Igbo. It is a must-have for any traveler to Nigeria.
- Power Nigeria: An app from the Nigerian power company Power Nigeria. It provides information on power outages and other service updates.
- Lagos Traffic Report: An app that provides real-time traffic information in Lagos.
- Visit Nigeria: The official website of the Nigerian Tourism Board. It includes information on attractions, accommodation, and other travel-related resources in Nigeria.
- Lonely Planet Nigeria: A travel guide book that provides information on attractions, accommodation, and food in Nigeria.
Entertainment & Shopping
- Abeg: A popular Nigerian social media app that also includes a section for finding events and activities.
- What’s On Lagos: A website and app that provides information on upcoming events in Lagos, such as concerts, plays, and festivals.
- Jumia Mall: An online marketplace where you can buy a variety of products, including clothes, electronics, and souvenirs.
Payments & Shopping
- VISA and Mastercard are the most widely accepted credit cards in Nigeria.
- American Express is less widely accepted, but it is accepted at most major hotels and resorts.
- Naira (NGN): The official currency of Nigeria.
- Gohub is a travel eSIM service compan providing internet/data connection for travellers around the world.
- MTN Nigeria: The leading telecommunications provider in Nigeria.
- Globacom: Another popular telecommunications provider in Nigeria.