Top local apps in Costa Rica for tourists
- Waze is a popular navigation app that is widely used in Costa Rica. It provides real-time traffic updates and road conditions, and can help you find the best route to your destination.
- InDriver is a ride-hailing app that allows you to negotiate the price of your ride with the driver before you book. It is a good option for budget travelers, as it is often cheaper than traditional taxis.
- YoViajo is a public transportation app that provides information on bus routes and schedules in Costa Rica. It is a good way to plan your trip and get around the country without a car.
- Selina is a popular hostel chain that has several locations in Costa Rica. It offers a variety of accommodation options, including dorms, private rooms, and even treehouses. Selina hostels are known for their social atmosphere and activities, such as yoga classes, surf lessons, and pool parties.
- Airbnb is a home-sharing platform that offers a wide variety of accommodation options in Costa Rica, including apartments, houses, and villas. It is a good option for travelers who are looking for more privacy or space than a hostel can offer.
- Booking.com is a hotel booking website that offers a wide variety of hotels and guesthouses in Costa Rica. It is a good option for travelers who are looking for a more traditional hotel experience.
Food and Drink
- Rappi is a food delivery app that allows you to order food from restaurants in Costa Rica. It is a convenient way to get food delivered to your hotel or Airbnb.
- Uber Eats is another food delivery app that is popular in Costa Rica. It offers a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, including both local and international cuisines.
- Yelp is a restaurant review app that can help you find the best places to eat in Costa Rica. It also has a feature that allows you to make reservations online.
Communication and Utilities
- WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that allows you to send text messages, photos, and videos to friends and family. It is a great way to stay in touch with loved ones while you are traveling in Costa Rica.
- Google Translate is a translation app that allows you to translate text between over 100 languages. It is a great app to have when you are traveling to a country where you don’t speak the language.
- XE Currency Converter is a currency converter app that allows you to convert currencies at the current exchange rate. It is a great app to have when you are traveling to a new country.
- Google Maps is a map and navigation app that can help you find your way around Costa Rica. It also has a public transportation feature that shows you how to get around by bus or taxi.
- Tripadvisor is a travel review website that can help you find hotels, restaurants, and other attractions in Costa Rica. It also has a list of the best things to do in Costa Rica.
- Lonely Planet is a travel guide app that provides information on Costa Rica, including history, culture, and things to do. It is a good app to have if you are planning a trip to Costa Rica and want to learn more about the country.
Entertainment & Shopping
- La Nación is a Costa Rican news website that provides information on events, festivals, and other activities happening in the country. It is a good way to stay up-to-date on the latest events and find things to do during your trip.
- Tiquetes.com is a Costa Rican ticketing website that allows you to purchase tickets to concerts, sporting events, and other events. It is a good way to buy tickets to popular events in advance.
- Mercado Central is a large market in San José where you can find a