Top local apps in Comoros for tourists
- Taxis are the most common form of transportation in Comoros. You can find taxis at the airport, in major cities, and at tourist attractions.
- Buses are also available in Comoros. They are a good option for budget travelers, but they can be slow and crowded.
- Ferries connect the islands of Comoros. Ferries are a good way to get around if you are planning to visit multiple islands.
- Hotels are available in Comoros, but they can be expensive. If you are on a budget, you may want to consider staying in a guesthouse or homestay.
- Airbnbs are also available in Comoros. They are a good option if you are looking for a more authentic experience or if you are traveling with a group.
- Camping is possible in Comoros, but it is important to be aware of the risks. There are a few designated campsites on the islands, but it is also possible to camp on the beach or in the forest.
Food and Drink
- Local restaurants are the best place to try Comorian cuisine. Comorian food is a mix of African and Indian influences. Popular dishes include fish curry, coconut rice, and fried plantains.
- Street food is also popular in Comoros. You can find street food vendors selling everything from grilled fish to fruit smoothies.
- Imported food is available in Comoros, but it can be expensive. If you are on a budget, you may want to stick to local food.
Communication and Utilities
- WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in Comoros. It is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family while you are traveling.
- Google Translate is a translation app that allows you to translate text between over 100 languages. It is a great app to have when you are traveling to a country where you don’t speak the language.
- XE Currency is a currency converter app that allows you to convert currencies at the current exchange rate. It is a great app to have when you are traveling to a new country.
- Google Maps is a map and navigation app that allows you to find your way around Comoros. It also has a public transportation feature that shows you how to get around by bus, ferry, or taxi.
- Tripadvisor is a travel review app that allows you to find restaurants, hotels, and other businesses in Comoros. It also has a list of the best attractions and activities.
- Lonely Planet is a travel guide app that provides information about Comoros, including history, culture, and things to do. It is a great app to have if you are planning a trip to Comoros and want to learn more about the country.
Entertainment & Shopping
- Markets are a great place to buy souvenirs and other items in Comoros. You can find markets in all major cities and towns.
- Beaches are the perfect place to relax and unwind in Comoros. There are many beautiful beaches to choose from, both on the main island and on the smaller islands.
- Hiking is a popular activity in Comoros. There are many hiking trails to choose from, ranging from easy to difficult.
Payments & Shopping
- Cash is the most common form of payment in Comoros. It is important to have enough cash on hand, as credit cards and debit cards are not always accepted.
- Money changers can be found in all major cities and towns. They will exchange your currency for Comorian francs.
- ATMs are also available in Comoros, but they can be unreliable. It is a good idea to have a backup plan in case you are unable to use an ATM.